Sclerotherapy – a popular, effective and safe method for the varicose of stars treatment, and vascular disease.
This therapy is specially based on the injection into the affected vein to burn the vein and then it will disappear entirely. Sclerotherapy is a painless medical procedure. Modern sclerosant is safe and has an anesthetic effect, making the formulation at the time of injection can be felt a slight tingling feeling. If you have any other problems during treatment, talk about it to your doctor. At the end of the sclerotherapy treatment you must wear compression stockings or elastic bandage and do not take them off without the doctor’s permission. Before sclerotherapy procedure, be sure to tell your doctor what medicines you use, especially if you use hormonal drugs (contraceptives, estrogen, etc.).
Prior to the procedure:
-should not remove the hair from your legs, should not use cream on your feet.
-take shower, wash your feet with soap or antibacterial soap.
-come to the procedure in the comfortable, spacious clothes.
-1.5 hours before the procedure you can eat lightly.
After the sclerotherapy procedure:
- need to walk at least 60 minutes. But it is not recommended to engage in active sports (running, jumping, heavy lifting).
- keep in mind that some of the sclerosant is composed of spirit, because before you sit behind the wheel, ask your doctor for advice.
- do not limit your physical activity each day, it is recommended for at least a one-hour walk.
- five weeks after the procedure, don’t do aerobics, gymnastics, cycling.
- 1.5 to 2 months, do not use sauna and solarium.
It is important to keep in mind:
Compression bond must be worn during night and day.
Throughout the period, you have to wear a compression bond you can take a shower, but not bath. On bond must be placed waterproof protection stockings / bond. At the end of the period, you can wear stocking only during the daytime for 2-3 weeks. Six months after the procedure, we expect you to come back to our clinic to check.
Sclerotherapy video – varicose removing
- temporary darkening of the skin, which disappears within a few months.
- irritation of the skin. Injection places will completely healed within 2-4 weeks.
- allergic reactions are very rare. The risk is higher in patients who are allergic to other drugs.
- pain at the injection places or in the vein of a few cases. During exercise, may feel stretching pain, it may last for 3-9 days.
After sclerotherapy, veins will be closed and liquidated through the circulatory. Healthy veins will begin fulfil the functions of removed veins.