Laser hair removal is a method of removing unwanted hair, utilizing laser energy targeted to the hair follicle to cause thermal damage and prevent further hairs from growing.
Vitaclinika offers the most advanced, safest hair removal laser available, the 3-Wavelengths Laser System.
This computer-guided technology can disable hundreds of hair follicles in less than one second, is safe to use on almost any area of the body. Temporary hair loss almost always occurs after each laser treatment, regardless of hair color. However, the laser’s effectiveness for permanent hair reduction is strongly correlated with hair color. Darker hair is more effectively treated than light hair.
Laser hair removal has three advantages over older methods of epilation: comfort, speed, and accuracy. Since the system uses a unique cooling handpiece, it does not cause the kind of skin irritation that other methods may create. Because the system is fast, it allows for larger areas to be treated, considerably increasing the efficiency of the hair removal process.
Because of different hair types, it may take 6-9 procedures to achieve a lasting result. During the treatment, the skin may be lightly punctured. Experience shows that most patients are well tolerated. For more sensitive areas, skin may be anesthesia used.
After the procedure, skin may have a slight redness and swelling, but it is a transient side effect that does not prevent you from returning to your daily routine.
At the first visit, all patients undergo a consultation where the doctor explains the nature of the procedure, examines the structure of the skin and hair and makes sure that the patient’s condition allows the procedure to be performed.
Contraindications to laser epilation:
- acute eczema or dermatitis
Necessary preparation for laser epilation:
- the day before the procedure, it is very important to shave the hair on the surface of the skin where the procedure is to be done;
- do not sunbathe or use self-toning cream for 2 weeks before the procedure;
- do not remove hairs in waxes or pull out with tweezers 3 weeks before the procedure.
After laser epilation:
- it is not recommended to sunbathe for 2 weeks;
- do not apply alcohol-treated lotions, tonics, or deodorants to the skin treated with laser for 1-2 weeks;
- use Panthenol or Bepanthen cream / ointment if necessary;
- avoid sauna, bath and swimming in 1 week.